Strips uses a magnetic sensor to sense if a window/door is opened or closed. With Strips in every window and door you get full perimeter protection. With Strips you can easily check that all windows and doors are closed, it alerts you if something unexpected happens and it can be connected with other smart home devices using Z-Wave technology. Compatible Z-Wave gateway controller required (sold separately). The days of drilling and wires are gone! At just under 3 mm, Strips fits invisibly between the door/window and its frame. All you have to do is connect Strips to a Z-Wave gateway, then use the adhesive backing to stick the magnet to the door or window and the sensor to the frame. Strips is designed for both indoor and outdoor environments. That means you can use Strips for all your windows & doors, but also to monitor your storage or garage door. With a battery that has a lifespan of up to ten years it’s easy to forget about the sensor once it’s mounted. But, the sensor keeps track of the remaining power in the battery and will let you know when it’s running low. Strips is Z-Wave Plus certified. Z-Wave enables communication between smarthome devices, Strips can talk to you through your smart phone. In order to do this, you will need a Z-Wave gateway to include Strips into your smarthome network. Powered by liMnO2 built-in battery. Z-Wave Range: up to 130 feet line of sight. Magnetic Range: 0.6″. Indoor or Outdoor use. Operating Temperature: -4ºF – 140ºF (-20ºC – 60ºC). Dimensions: 7.7″ x 0.6″ x 0.12″ magnet: 1.2″ x 0.43″ x 0.04″. Weight: 2oz Regardless of some negative feedbacks from users who didn’t follow the installation manual – this is really great and reliable z-wave device.
- Ultra-thin for invisible installation – fits between your door / window and frame
- Weatherproof – use it indoors or outdoors (just not on metal gate or aluminum doors, it will interfere with Z-Wave signal)
- Built-in battery that lasts up to 10 years. Made in Europe
- Z-Wave Plus Certified (ZC10-16085166), U.S./Canada/Mexico frequency, Compatible with (contact seller if your controller is not on the list): Fibaro, HomeSeer, SmartThings, Vera, Zipato, WINK users : please DO NOT buy it. Wink supports very limited command classes and does not work with most new z-wave devices.Wink’s library commands is very limited for some reason.
- IMPORTANT: Read the ENTIRE manual carefully and pay special attention to mounting – the magnet MUST be aligned with the main sensor logo-to-logo when in “closed” position to avoid inconsistent performance. Contact seller in case of any issues and we’ll be happy to help!